One of our very favorite Hair Heros is featured in Modern Salon Magazine this month offering her thoughts on what is inspiring her for this fall in Modern Salon Magazine.
- 1960s influence: Inspired by the past but modernized: “All the capes and dresses reminiscent of the ’60s make me think about adding deep side parts and full crowns to various haircuts,” Roche says. “I want a whisper of the era, not a literal translation of the styles, which can look dated and not very cool at all. My challenge will be to keep it fresh for editorial work and realistic for clients.”
- Shapes on top of shapes: An A-line shape fitted over an hourglass sheath with puffy sleeves
- Menswear: Simple, tailored, utilitarian
- Mixed media: Elements that wouldn’t normally go together but actually work well together; a paradox of style
- Short hair, updated: “I want to incorporate the shapes-over-shapes concept to add interest,” Roche says. “Normally hair is one shape, but I may put a shape on top of a shape, like a bubble on top of a graduated bob.”
We can’t wait to play with 60’s inspired looks made modern, Menswear with a simple, utilitarian feel, and Mixed Media inspirations where different and unexpected shapes and styles are used together to create something fresh.
It’s back to school time, and we are ready to create some great new looks! Hope to see you soon!